Tuesday, June 12, 2012

MetroNorth

Took apart all my gear from my home studio and boxed it. Started with a clean desk after 1 year of using only the op1 and being unsure of how to integrate it into my setup.
I dont have the perfect workflow yet but I now have access to some key features that I thought were lacking from my op1 only work. Including a compressor with sidechain input, a post filter, midi connectivity (ipad too), and possibility to you outboard drums from the machine drum.

I rebuilt my setup as follows:
Op1 -> compressor -> Octractrack AB input
Machinedrum MainOut -> Octracktrack CD input
Machinedrum E out -> compressor sidechain
Machinedrum F out -> compressor gate
Octatrack out -> Biscuit Filter
Biscuit out -> 2880 looper.

Everything runs through a patch bay for routing, most commonly, the 2880 output can be routed to the op1 line-in for further track editing.

First test:

MetroNorth by polyoptics

No comments:

Post a Comment